Apt Works Limited is a design and architectural studio based in Clerkenwell, London. Apt has an opening for a specialist role; an Information and Technology Manager that is solutions focused to support, build and develop modern IT solutions, to ensure the efficient operation of the company’s business activities, as well as contributing to the delivery of significant IT projects. The role includes driving our digital strategy and requires inventiveness as well as strategic, technical, and hands-on capabilities.
Apt uses a Microsoft systems environment, design software (Autodesk AEC Collection & MicroStation), Visualisation Software, Cloud Services, Virtualised Infrastructure, Networks / Wan / LAN / PAN / etc., Remote Networks (including employees home offices), Secure Remote Access Technologies, Virtual Private Networks, Servers, storage and hyperconverged technologies, printing and other networked devices
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of IT networking infrastructures, file-based technologies, IT strategy and knowledge sharing. Must have strong troubleshooting skills, a positive attitude, be able to work under pressure, also:
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining a stable and well-functioning IT environment for a similar sized organisation
- A successful track record of managing and supporting end users and managing systems change
- Ability to securely manage users on-site and remotely
- An ability to explain technical issues to non-specialists, and to write clear technical reports and other formal documentation for solution deployments
- Be able to develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges, manage and deliver projects
- Have strong stakeholder management experience, including negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external partners
- Develop strong relationships across organisational boundaries
- A good understanding of current digital technologies from across different sectors, including e-learning, audio visual and video conferencing
- Manage the IT budget, and IT risk register
- Must be able to demonstrate cyber security prevention methodologies at desktop, server, and mobile level
- Must be keen on keeping up to date with industry and technological changes, investigating new systems, techniques, and ways of working
- Provide Contract and License Management
- Install, configure, test, and maintain hardware, software and peripherals, general hardware support
Apt currently have 45-50 members of staff. Since our establishment we have outsourced our IT Infrastructure to a trusted consultancy but as we continue to expand, we are now looking to hire our first internal IT member of staff to work alongside and manage a more streamlined consultancy support team. The IT Manager role is to review, develop and manage the transition of our IT in-house and run it thereafter.
Founded in 2009, we have a wealth of experience designing and delivering innovative buildings across multiple sectors including workplace, housing and placemaking.
As an Employee Ownership Trust, our structure allows us to nurture individual talent and reward collective success, providing incentive and opportunity for people to flourish. Our people are our business; it is personal.
To apply for this role please submit your cover letter and digital CV via the link below, with ‘Information and Technology Manager Application’ in the subject heading.
Due to the high volume of applicants, please note we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview. No Agencies Please